Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Double Chocolatey Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies


I was going to call these little creations, "Sin on a Platter", but I didn't want to deter you from them with a less-than-flattering label.

Here's what I've learned about Double Chocolatey Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies.

1. In a family that eats whole food healthy 80% of the time, it's important to make the other 20% count.

2. Life is too short to not have that 20%.

3. There are no calories in anything with chocolate and peanut butter. They cancel each other out. Trust me.

4. Denial is a side effect of not enough cookies. Don't give yourself time to think.

5. World peace begins at home. Specifically, the kitchen. In the cookie jar.

6. Since chocolate comes from the cocoa bean, and beans are vegetables and peanuts are a protein, these cookies are practically Paleo...

Too much of a stretch? I didn't think so.

Thanks to my daughter Kelsie, who came up with these delicious little life-sustaining peace makers! 


That explains why she's always smiling!☺

~The Players~

1-1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup chunky, natural peanut butter
1-3/4 cup organic sugar
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
2 cups unsifted organic flour
3/4 cup organic cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1/2 t. sea salt
1 t. baking soda
2 cups dark chocolate chips
1/2-1 cup chopped peanuts, optional

Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla; blend well.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. While mixer is running, gradually add flour to the creamed mixture.

Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts, if using.

Drop by tablespoon onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Do not grease the pans. Bake for 10-12 minutes in a 350F. preheated oven. 

Makes 4-1/2 dozen.

If a cute, little grand-punkin is "helping" in the kitchen, only plan for 4.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

DoleValleyGirl said...

Will be making these this afternoon for the husband who doesn't always appreciate our muffins. :) Oh, and I did buy hazelnuts, so your muffins are up next for us! Thanks for the laughter I get from reading your posts -- really needed it this a.m. :) ~Lisa

DoleValleyGirl said...

PS: I don't see a single ingredient on your list that doesn't qualify as healthy. :)

Rashel said...

These sound delicious, I can't wait to try them!
Thanks,
Rashel

Candy C. said...

Chocolate, chocolate chips, peanut butter, peanuts...how could you possibly go wrong! Thanks, I'm sure my hubby is going to LOVE these! :)

DoleValleyGirl said...

Made these Friday a.m. Love them!! Thanks for sharing, ~Lisa :)