Saturday, April 2, 2011

Meal Plan...on a Saturday?


So, normally I would post my weekly meal plan on Sunday evening.

Shoot, normally I would still be trying to figure out the weekly meal plan on Sunday evening.

But this week I've decided to be a little rebellious. I've decided to go against the flow, run toward the wind, roll away from the tides...you get my point. Yep. That's me. The rebellious one.

That's how I roll.

Are you buying into it yet? Yeah, me either. The reality is that this week I will be making a trip south to pick up my gorgeous, little granddaughter Madison. Maddie is going to hang out with Nana and Poppa for a few days while her parents and new baby sister attend an annual pastor's summit.

This means that for 3 days, I'll be in that special club known as goofy grandma land. Instead of a laptop on my knees, I'll be bouncing a curly haired, giggly 2 year old, who's pretending to ride the pony. Instead of watching another episode of House Hunters International, lost in the land of "what-if's", I'll be watching Tangled, caught up in the moment of "here and now". And instead of reading my must read book of the moment, I'll be revisiting Dr. Suess and gleaning as much understanding as I can from a Cat in a the Hat.

And my friends, that's how I really roll. ☺

Here's what's cookin' this week...

~Sunday~
Granola & Yogurt
Chili w/ Lime Cream (new)

~Monday~
Scrambled eggs & deer sausage breakfast burritos
leftover chili nachos
Taco Pie (will post recipe this week), tortilla chips, salsa

~Tuesday~
GF Cranberry Orange Muffins, Yogurt Smoothies
Toasted cheese and ham sandwiches, canned pears
P.W. Spicy Pulled Pork w/tortillas, raw veggies

~Wednesday~
Sourdough French toast
Tuna salad pita pockets, fruit
Fried Calamari, Pesto Crusted Baked Salmon, green salad

~Thursday~
Cheese & Chives Omelette's
Ham, veggie, cream cheese wraps
Southwestern Cobb Salad, sourdough bread

~Friday~
GF Blueberry Lemon Muffins (still new), Yogurt smoothies
Hawaiian Pizza Pockets (homemade)
Vietnamese Beef Soup

~Saturday~
Coconut milk, raspberry, peach smoothies, elk sausage
BLT's on sourdough
Braised Short Ribs w/Port Wine Reduction Sauce, steamed greens, baked potatoes

~Sunday~
Granola & Yogurt
PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps, Brown rice, egg rolls 

A lot of these dinners are new to me. I am just (finally!) finishing up my online classes over at the Cheeseslave. This week, I will be starting a new class with her on "Reversing Food Allergies". If this class is anything like the last, I'll be learning tons of new stuff!

For meal planning ideas, visit Menu Mondays at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments: