Sunday, May 2, 2010

MPM 5/3/2010

Life is finally returning to normal around here. After our excitement of last Friday, I for one am ready.


Last week I ordered the remainder of our garden seeds from Baker Creek Heirloom Seed catalog. I ordered them on Tuesday and received them on Friday with an apology for not being prompt. Uh...it takes our family an entire week to get ready for church on Sunday. 3 days is beyond prompt. Needless to say, I was impressed. I not only got the seeds I ordered, but they threw in a few extras too! (Does okra grow in the great northwest? It'll be fun to find out!)


With a little luck and nice weather, I'm hoping to plant a garden this week. The greenhouse is full and the dirt in it is too clean.


Besides, my toenails are painted a lovely brown. Can't waste a good paint job.


Here's what's cooking this week...


Monday
~Fried eggs & sourdough toast
~Cheese quesadillas, canned pears
~Barbecued meatballs, *sweet potato fries, Farmer's market salad


Tuesday
~Soaked oatmeal w/blueberries
~Maple/Walnut Scones, Plum Smoothies
~Cheesy Asparagus Soup, cornbread


Wednesday
~Soaked spelt pancakes
~leftover soup, crackers (or) leftover scones and smoothies
~Chicken Tortilla soup, cornbread


Thursday
~Scrambled eggs and elk sausage
~Peanut butter/honey sandwiches, blueberry yogurt
~Couscous & French Lentil salad (carried over from last week/still new!), salmon patties


Friday
~Banana bread, yogurt cream cheese, homemade hot cocoa
~leftover tortilla soup, tortilla chips
~Veggie Burrito Bake with Sourdough Tortillas


Saturday
~Blueberry coffeecake
~leftovers
~Sourdough noodles, Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce, farmer's market salad


Sunday
~Granola
~Simple Supper Sunday


*I am officially out of potatoes. Sad, but true. I also ran out of frozen bananas, so today I stopped and bought a few organic sweet potatoes and a bunch of organic bananas. I'm still doing really well with our local eating, but bananas do not grow here and the world would be a very boring place without bananas. They keep the monkeys happy. Store-bought potatoes scare me, so I chose the sweet over Ore-Ida. Sorry Ore-Ida, but your days are numbered in this house.


Zero is a number, isn't it?

1 comment:

Lora Lee said...

Loved your post ! I too am hoping to get some thing planted...my kitchen window overfloweth! LOL
Your menu sounds great . I am just getting into soaking . And good food for thought on the potatoes...I will have to ponder that !