Sunday, March 27, 2011

Menu Plan for 3/28/11


Spring break.

Two words that make me weak in the knees.

After chocolate and peanut butter, they are my two new favorite words.

This is the one week of the year that I get to relax. The week that I get to work on some of my personal projects. The 7 days that I can read a book...from start to finish, work on a quilting project...just because, sew a new apron...in pretty spring colors, plant some flowers with my kids...because it finally quit raining, or watch a movie trilogy, 3 days in a row...because the rain hasn't stopped at all.

The 168 hours that are destined to recharge the momma bear's batteries.

 10,080 minutes spent with the children who will suddenly have nothing to do.

604,000 seconds of wondering if this ridiculously long week will ever end.

Oh my goodness! Help me! It's spring break week!!

I wonder if it's too late to change my mind? ☺

Here's what's cookin' this week...

~Monday~
Blueberry French Toast Casserole (new)
Veggie Burrito Bake w/ Sourdough Tortillas, salad (carried from last week)

~Tuesday~
GF Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, Yogurt Smoothies
Salmon Fish & Chips, baked cowboy fries, salad

~Wednesday~
Scrambled eggs & bacon
Mediterranean Citrus Chicken (new), Sweet Corn & Walnut Risotto (new)

~Thursday~
GF Cranberry Orange Muffins, Yogurt Smoothies
Grilled Hamburgers (the weatherman promised sunshine with a little warmth!), Brown rice Pasta Salad

~Friday~
Oven fried chicken thighs, baked potatoes, steamed broccoli/cauliflower

~Saturday~
GF Blueberry Lemon Muffins, Coconut Milk Smoothies
Corn Casserole, salad (or grilled asparagus if I can find some USA grown!)

~Sunday~
Cold cereal
Buffalo Chili w/ Lime Sour Cream (new), tortilla chips

For more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Mondays at Organizing Junkie!




No comments: