Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Gratituesday...Contentment




There is a running joke in our family that says, "Never take Momma on vacation because she'll end up wanting to live there."

That's not entirely true.


I wouldn't want to live in the desert. Nor would I like to live in an area that experiences hurricanes, tornadoes or tsunamis. And Antarctica? Nope. No desire there either.


The places that I have fell in love with, are places that speak to my heart. Sure, some of them have been romanticized in my head, but while visiting there, I found other reasons to make me want to stay.


Lately, I've been learning to be content. Seems pretty easy when I type it out. Not so easy though in reality. My grandpa used to call me his "Gypsy girl". I'm always going to have that desire to see different places, but unlike a nomad, I have a place to always come back to.


Home.



After all, isn't this...







...what makes this...



...a home? (Yes, I know that our fence is sagging a bit!)


And when I feel that desire to wander the earth, or at least the Rocky Mountain states, I can put myself in a time-out until I am once again happy with where I am right now.




On my little piece of heaven on earth.




My favorite "time-out" place.












































































































No comments: