Thursday, April 1, 2010

Peach Kuchen

Lately, I've been obsessed with desserts.

If it were only with chocolate, I'd write it off as hormonal.

This is far worse though.

I've started working out again. Now I can't help but think about the calories that I'm burning and wondering just how many more calories I can add without gaining weight.

Makes sense to me.

So does making desserts, using the fruit that we canned last summer!


Peach Kuchen

1-1/3 cup organic all-purpose flour
1/4 t. baking powder
1/2 t. sea salt
2 Tb. sugar

Sift together in a mixing bowl.

Cut in 1/3 cup unsalted butter

Press flour/butter mixture over bottom and sides of 9" pie pan or cast iron skillet.

Add: 1 quart drained, sliced peaches.


Mix 1/4 cup sugar with 1 t. cinnamon and sprinkle over peaches.


Bake at 400F. for 15 minutes.

Combine 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt with 1 beaten egg. Pour over hot peaches.


Sprinkle lightly with more cinnamon.



Bake for 30 minutes.



This makes a great dessert, but is also wonderful for breakfast/brunch.

Seriously. Pie for breakfast. Your family will love you for it!

Enjoy!

*Join the recipe swap at Grocery Cart Challenge!

2 comments:

Mountain Home Quilts said...

I am all about this dessert! I will be trying it this week! :)

Cindy said...

That looks so good. What a great recipe. I love all the dessert ideas - or breakfast ideas.... I'm thinking I have berries..... scones or this.... hmmmm.