Monday, September 20, 2010

Oatmeal Buttermilk Cinnamon Pancakes


These could've been my claim to fame.

Except for the little fact that this is not my recipe.

Because I am a good person, and not bitter at all about somebody else coming up with yet another wonderful recipe that I can't seem to think up in my...

Sorry, I got a little lost there for a minute.

Let me start again...

*Ahem*

These pancakes are amazing! They are easy to digest, moist, cook quickly, and most importantly, are delicious.

And the recipe belongs to Chef Shane Kelly. I want her to adopt me so I can have these every morning. There may be a problem with that though. Besides not having a clue who I am, she may be younger than me.

Would that be too weird?
~~~~~

The Players

2 cups rolled oats
3 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup whole wheat
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tb. Sucanat
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. sea salt
2 large, free-range, organic eggs, lightly beaten
4 Tb. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
butter for the griddle

Stir oats into 2 cups buttermilk in a medium bowl and let stand, overnight, covered in the fridge.

In the morning, whisk together the flours, Sucanat, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt until combined well. In the oat/buttermilk mixture, stir in 1 cup buttermilk, eggs and melted butter until well combined. Stir in the dry ingredients until just blended.

Brush a large skillet or griddle with butter and heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cup measures and cook pancakes 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden, brushing the griddle with more butter as needed.


Keep warm until served. Serve with pure maple syrup or a mixture of syrup and pureed fruit. And don't forget plenty of cultured butter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yum!! those look tasty!
thanks for sharing the recipe

momma-lana said...

I would love these! However, hubby would not! Since all of the kiddos have flown the nest I will have to happy just wishing for yummy oatmeal pancakes and eat the white flour kind. But, I would rather have a happy hubby than oatmeal pancakes!