Monday, September 6, 2010

Triplets!!!


After weeks and weeks of guessing, we now know when Gertie the Goat is due.

September 6, 2010.

Labor Day.

I guess she took that literally.

I'll spare you the really disgusting pictures of bubbles, fluid, and blood, and just share with you the "Awwww..." moments instead.

You'll thank me for it.

This is baby #1. She's a girl. And very independent.

She's also the largest and needed a little help finding her way out.

Heather now knows what she wants to be when she grows up.

I'll give you a clue. It is NOT a librarian.

We are trying to come up with names.


I suggested Latte. Mandie suggested Gizelle. My sister, Erin, suggested Duckie.

What do you think?


Then out popped baby #2.

She's a girl too.

I was thinking about calling her Java. Mandie thought she looked more like a Celeste.

Erin thought maybe we should call her Birdie.

I should probably mention that my sister lives in town.

I love her anyway.


Then I threw out the names Dandelion and Clover.


Just when we thought that maybe we were on to something, baby #3 made his appearance.

He's a boy.

And in case you were wonderin', there are no weeds that sound masculine.

I think I'll call him Roy.


My only request was that "kidding time" would happen during the daylight hours.

Which Gertie ignored.


In hindsight I should've requested a dry evening with temperatures in the mid-60's.


I'll have to remember that for the next time.



Oh yeah. There will definitely be a next time.

If we can agree on names, that is.







4 comments:

Mountain Home Quilts said...

How appropriate that the names you picked out have to do with coffee! ;)
I like Clover. Latte isn't too bad though either.
Congrats on your kids! Now what are you going to do with them?

Millie said...

Very cute!

Kris said...

AWWWW!!! They are all so cute. Mama is gonna be a busy goatie.

Unknown said...

You forgot to mention the name 'Buckie' for the boy. He's definitely a 'Buckie.

And I don't think my town is big enough for me to be considered a 'city' girl. :)

Just sayin'...