Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Tired MPM 9/6/10

I love Labor Day. It's the day we celebrate and show our appreciation to workers by giving them the day off.

I'd like some of that please.

As I type this out, I'm being mindful of the fact that my fingers have no skin on the tips. I'm wrapped in a blanket, trying to keep my exhausted muscles from cramping up, and the only progress I've made on my breakfast plans is to say, "Yes, I'da likey me some breakfast."

My brain is numb, my fingers hurt and my butt muscles (who knew?) are twitching.

Why? Because I had the grand idea to grout my new kitchen floor~ BY MYSELF.

Have I mentioned that the kitchen gained some square footage? It's not the tiny, little room that it once was. In fact, it took 12 boxes of 16x16" tiles to cover our floor.

I am feeling every second of my 43 years right now and am half tempted to just throw dirt over it all, just so I will never have to look at it again.

Just in case it's not perfect.

Thankfully, there is a small portion of my brain that is still functioning. So, I'll suck it up for now, and put some effort into the meal plan for the week.
Maybe I'll even get to move back into the new space this week!


Here's what's cookin'...

~Monday~
Soaked oatmeal

~Tuesday~
Fruit Smoothies, peanut butter toast
Grilled Mahi Mahi, Broccoli Salad (I'll post my version later this week)

~Wednesday~
Soaked Oatmeal
Sea Scallops, Linguini Alfredo (using brown rice noodles), green salad

~Thursday~
Fried eggs, toast
Zucchini Patties, baked chicken

~Friday~
Soaked Oatmeal

I didn't plan out the rest of the weekend because we may be at the coast for a couple of days. My adult children, who have to work, because they are adults, (hehe) will have to fend for themselves. Because they are adults. (That's just not getting old.) The rest of us, who are fortunate enough to either have the weekend off, or are too young to have social lives or jobs, get to play at the ocean and feast on seafood.

I'll be calling that my Labor Day holiday!
For more menu ideas, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kudos to you for doing your floors. Bummer that you're hurting from it.

Happy Labor Day!

Ask Ms Recipe said...

Sounds like a great menu for the week, have a great week.

blank said...

aaaaaawwwwwwww!!!!! They are sooo cute!
I love Latte and Java, maybe Roy could be called Mocha! Either way, their names will be great no matter what they are. I just like the coffee ones since I can't drink store bought milk. We too would like a milk providing animal (either goat or mini cow) but we feel like we really need to make the winter first!
Congratulations on the additions to the farm!