Sunday, September 19, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 9/20/2010

Where, O' where did my summertime go,
O' where, O' where could it be?

Somehow, when I wasn't looking, summer left. It has been replaced with the liquid sunshine that us Pacific Northwesterners recognize. I've also noted that it is a few weeks early, so my depression will start setting in sometime during mid-November instead of the normal January 2nd.

This is not good news for my family. They are already planning their escape.

With the rain comes "back to school" time on the homestead. There are no more lawns to mow, no weeds to pull, and the kitchen is finished (mostly), so no more excuses. Jabez Academy is officially back in session.

Can you hear my kids crying with glee?

Hey, this is my delusion and I'm going to call it glee.

Except for the wailing. I don't know what to call that.


Here's what's on the menu this week...

~Breakfasts~

Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes (recipe later this week)
Blueberry Blast Smoothies, Ezekiel toast w/peanut butter
Quinoa w/ raisins, soaked almonds, and raw cream
French toast w/ sprouted bread, applesauce
Speltcakes w/ blueberry syrup

~Lunches~

Lentil soup (x2) (Bob's Redmill mix)
Egg salad sandwiches, apple slices
Homemade Tomato Soup (recipe to follow), sourdough bread
Leftover Lentil burritos, apple slices
Leftover meatloaf sandwiches on sourdough, apples
Leftovers

~Dinners~

Elk steak, steamed broccoli, baked sweet potato fries
Pesto-crusted salmon (new), Sauteed mushrooms w/ wilted spinach, sourdough bread
Crockpot Salsa Chicken, soaked brown rice
Lentil burritos on sprouted grain tortillas, salad
Zucchini Tomato Casserole (new), Meatloaf
Simple Supper Sunday

~Desserts~

Raspberry/Peach Pie

Come back tomorrow for a tour of the new kitchen!


For more meal ideas, visit Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how healthy your menu is. I'm going to have to check out some of these recipes. Thanks! :D