Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Red Rooster Fabric

After my Mister and I cruised the grocery stores of Vancouver, he informed me that he needed new scrubs for work.

As an emergency room nurse, he tends to go through scrubs quite frequently.

I don't even want to know why.

The scrub shop is not my favorite store. I mean, what do I look at while my Mister is trying on the same shirts, but in different colors? Support hose? No. Stethoscopes? Fun, but no. Bandage cutting scissors? No...wait, er, never mind. Usually I just stand next to the dressing room and tell him what a handsome man he is.

He needs that.

Because he's a man.

And it keeps him tame.

This time, we pulled into a different scrub shop when what do my wondering eyes should appear, but a miniature quilt shop, run by a woman so dear.

Okay, I couldn't help that part, but I was suddenly gleeful!

I kissed my Mister and told him what a stud he is, before bursting into the store. The elderly lady sitting next to the door, very calmly said, "Welcome."

Now to others, she said welcome, but to my ears, she said, "Buy whatever you like. Your husband won't mind at all."

So I did. After all, that could've been her greatest wish, and who am I to deny her that?

Here's what I found...



Bees! How appropriate!


And ladybugs! In the fall, even more appropriate!



Oooo...baby chicks, beehives and bunnies...what is a farmgirl to do?



This will become a lap quilt for my Mister's chair. How thoughtful am I?



1 comment:

Mountain Home Quilts said...

How nice of you to think of your husband! ;)

Love the fabric!