Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Whatchulookinat?



All I wanted was a picture of the finished turkey yard. 

What I got was attitude.  


I decided to show him who's boss.

"Watch it", said I, "I'm thinking about making you my special dinner guest in a few weeks!"


Ricky didn't appreciate it.

So he showed me who the boss really is.

Or, at least, that's what I thought he was doing.


My Mister said Ricky was "wooing" me.

I may or may not be engaged to a turkey.
~~~~~~~

Because of overhead predators, our turkey yard needed a top.


 My Mister used PVC pipes and slightly bowed them. Down the center, he attached 2 long pieces as stabilizers, then he put berry netting over all of it.


Of course I don't have a picture with the stabilizers in, I was busy...


...trying to explain to the guinea fowl that Thanksgiving has absolutely NOTHING to do with him.

2 comments:

Kym-Anne said...

The turkey yard looks great!

Love the look on their little faces!

They won't be so tough in a few weeks though :)

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Your turkeys look great! We have set "the date" for ours, November 20th. D-day. The "D" standing for death. :)