Sunday, October 31, 2010

MPM 11/1/10


This week I decided to switch things up a little.

It's my version of living on the edge.

I don't get out much.

Normally, I make out my meal plan and grocery list on Sunday afternoon, and head into the grocery store on Monday morning. This works for me since we only homeschool Tuesday through Friday. But I got too predictable.

Usually, I like predictable. But today I was feeling a little feisty. I decided to brave the grocery store on the way home from church.

You know, with all the other feisty church-goers.

I noticed that not all of them were very nice. Maybe the pastor stepped on their toes. Maybe their children were acting up. Maybe they were hungry.  

I decided to "let my light so shine". It got me dirty looks, a cart slam and what appeared to be "the finger".

In retrospect, some of them may not have been church-goers. 

I'm determined to bring more joy into the grocery store on Sundays.   

I may need a bodyguard.
That's about as edgy as I'll ever get.
~~~~~~~

Here's what's cookin' this week...

~Monday~
Simple Soaked Oatmeal w/ blueberries
Pesto sauce on brown rice fettucini noodles, garden salad

~Tuesday~
Buckwheat Crepes  w/ sauteed apple slices, cinnamon & honey
Salmon patties, Brown rice w/ butter, broccoli salad

~Wednesday~
Scrambled eggs & elk sausage
Chicken & Black bean enchiladas with homemade red sauce (new)

~Thursday~
Sweet & Sour Meatballs, Crunchy Cabbage Salad, Buttermilk biscuits

~Friday~
Chiles Rellenos, coleslaw, homemade applesauce

~Saturday~
Multi-grain pancakes
Out to dinner

~Sunday~
Yogurt, Granola & Fruit Parfaits

This week we'll be butchering chickens, finishing the kitchen backsplash, and spending a couple of days with our granddaughter. Because of our busy schedule, I'm planning on plenty of leftovers to serve as lunches. 

For more menu planning ideas, visit The Organizing Junkie for Menu Mondays

No comments: