Sunday, July 10, 2011

Meal Plan for 7/10-7/16


Last week, taking a "hiatus" from blogging wasn't the only thing I took a break from. I also did away with the meal plan, which in retrospect, was not one of my better ideas. Instead of cooked breakfasts, we relied on coupon-inspired morning meals of Cheerios and granola, and dinners were courtesy of Oscar Meyer and Mr. Ball Park.

I learned a few things about myself though. I like order. I rely heavily on my lists, even if half the time they don't make any sense to anyone else but me. I like having a plan so that when our natural order of chaos takes over, I have a base in which to come back to. And I really hate waste~especially when it's produce that I forgot about and have to toss to the chickens!

That said, I needed that time to remind me why I do the things I do. To some, it may seem complicated, but wandering around in the desert isn't a joy either. I am finding that life is considerably easier when certain things are planned out. It frees me to have time to be spontaneous!

Even if my spontaneity is somewhat planned.☺

This week marks the beginning of our fresh garden produce. The lettuce, spinach, radishes, and broccoli are ready to harvest, with the beets and Swiss chard not far behind. It's also raspberry season, so I'm sure that we'll be heading to the "island" this week to plump up our freezer's smoothie repetoire.

In case it's not clear, I LOVE SUMMER!!!! 

Here's what's cooking....finally...

~Sunday~
Soaked Oatmeal, blueberries

~Monday~
Grilled Chicken w/ Black Beans & Rice (new)

~Tuesday~
Marinated Grilled Shrimp (new), Leftover Pork/Chicken Egg Rolls (new), garden salad, Sourdough bread

~Wednesday~
Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins (new), Strawberry/Peach Slushies
Fried elk steak, Roasted Potato Salad (new), garden salad w/ Ranch dressing

~Thursday~
Appley Apple Muffins (new), scrambled eggs
Taco Salad

~Friday~
Taco Omelette's (with leftover taco meat, black beans, cheese, green onions, salsa, & sour cream)

~Saturday~
Sourdough Pancakes w/warmed peach "syrup" (new)

~Desserts~
Mixed Berry Cobbler (new)
For more meal planning ideas, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

Cooking with Cristin said...

your menu looks great
i may bookmark some recipes
i like lists and order too!\i would love if you would come visit my blog and check out my Menu Plan
Enjoy your week
From Cristin To Mommy