Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Low(er) Carb Meal Plan for the Week of 6/6/11


I did it! I survived another week of low-carbing. Barely.

For whatever reason, all I could think about this week was chocolate. I even plotted a trip to IKEA (an hour away) just so I could bite into a sumptuous milk chocolate/hazelnut candy bar. But, my Mister caught on to the plan and thwarted my efforts like any good husband should.

Lesson learned. I am weak. And my Mister is very intuitive.

Lucky me.

One of the things that I've noticed since starting The Belly Fat Cure, is the amount of food that I am able to eat. This is a good thing if you need to eat that much. I do not though, so most of our lunches last week actually ended up becoming our dinners. Crazy thing~I need my stomach to empty out before trying to stuff more food in. Since I had all of the groceries needed to make all of the meals scheduled for last week, some of this week's plan will seem familiar.

I guess we could get up earlier...4 a.m. maybe?

Here's what's cookin' this week...

~Monday~
B: Ham & Cheese Omelette's
D: Sesame Chicken stir-fry (new), brown rice (family)

~Tuesday~
B:Poached eggs, elk sausage patties
D: Carne Asadas (with elk steak), guacamole, green salad

~Wednesday~
B: Quiche Lorraine (I'll share the recipe this week!)
D: Cod Fish & Chips (baked fries), tartar sauce, lacto-fermented sauerkraut

~Thursday~
3 eggs, Ezekiel toast (mom)
D: Grilled chicken with Peanut Dipping Sauce (new), green salad

~Friday~
B: Fried eggs, bacon, toast
D: Extraordinary Macaroni & Cheese (brown rice pasta), Caesar Salad

~Saturday~

~Sunday~
B: Granola

In case snacks are needed, we'll have lacto-fermented hummus w/ raw veggies, smoothie-making goodies, and Chocolate Coconut Milk Pudding for the chocolate-crazed. 

With gas prices up, I can't just run to Portland to satisfy a chocolate craving now can I?

No really. Can I? ☺

This is linked to Menu Mondays at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments: