Sunday, December 6, 2009

Menu Plan for 12/7-12/13

Our first snow of the season arrived last night! I'm like a child when the forecast calls for winter weather...nose pressed against the window and all.


I may have stepped on the littlest one, in the process.


Although, I'm the one that ended up in the emergency room! Seems I have a condition called bursitis. Apparently, I held my granddaughter a little too much on the left side, so now the shoulder is paralyzed with pain and swelling. And I'm enjoying a little vacation time called "oxycodone induced delusions". It is a happy place to visit, but I don't think I want to live there! Because my shoulder needs time to heal, meals this week will be simple and food the kids can prepare.


I'll pretend that it's room service.


Here's what's cookin' at our house...


Monday: Oatmeal w/ blueberries
P.b. and J, apples
Fried elk steak, mashed taters/gravy, steamed broccoli/cauliflower


Tuesday: Cranberry Streusel Muffins, hot chocolate
Toasted cheese sandwiches, tomato soup
Lentil burritos, tortilla chips, guacamole, salad


Wednesday: Homemade granola
Chili nachos (leftover from Sunday)
Meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, garlicky green beans


Thursday: Poached eggs on toast
Meatloaf sandwiches, fruit
Ravioli soup, homemade multigrain bread


Friday: Granola
Corndog muffins, cheetos, string cheese (housefull of kids today!)
Homemade macaroni and cheese, baked ham, salad


Saturday: Pancakes
leftovers
Navy bean/ham soup, multigrain bread, salad


Sunday: Granola
Venison stew, multigrain bread


For more meal plans, visit Organizing Junkie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have bursitis in my right thigh for years. It's a problem when I try to get some sleep.

Your menu plan sounds delicious.

SnoWhite said...

sounds like a great week!

Kym-Anne said...

Hi Kim,
Ouch!!!, you poor thing, your injury sounds very painful.

I hope your feeling better in no time, but in the meanwhile,sit back and try to rest up:)