Monday, December 14, 2009

Our First Snow...and Reindeer?


This is what we've been waiting for. A glimpse of winter. And since the snow is now gone, it was officially just a glimpse. But what joy that glimpse brought to our household! You can just make out the falling flakes....



It wasn't a lot, but it was enough...






...for now...








The day before the "Great Snow Event", my eldest son, Dakota, took some of his siblings outside to snap some pictures. This is the view from our shop/barn. The kids weren't smiling here, they wanted to look at the reindeer...I mean, elk, behind them! Of course, hunting season is over, so the elk are feeling safe!






Heather, Matthew, Mandie, and Tanner


Even without the snow, I'm enjoying the view from my little farm. Even if they aren't really reindeer.





1 comment:

Kym-Anne said...

Hi Kim,

Awww it's beautiful!!!

You know I've never seen snow, up close and personal. Lucky you!

I'm married to an Irishman and I keep asking him to go back home to Belfast for a white Christmas.

His reply "No way, it's too cold"

Have a great day :)