Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gratituesday...Electricity





This past weekend, we got to "go back in time". A time before computers, video games, televisions, and cordless phones.

A time when quiet was just that. Peaceful, blissful quiet.

We didn't ask for it.

We didn't necessarily even want it. (Well, the kids didn't..my Mister & I NEEDED it!)

But we were prepared for it.

Saturday night, while visions of sugar plums were dancing in our heads, we had our first major windstorm of the season. It knocked out the power and all of the "noise" with it.

And I liked it.

For the first 3 or 4 hours.

Then reality hit the kids.

Then it hit me.

Knocked my visions of family board games by candlelight and old fashioned survival skill training right out the door.

I am extremely thankful to the electricity repairmen and all of the hard work that they had to put in to restore sanity to our household. After 12 LONG hours...



...I liked it.


2 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oh, wow! That is a long time to be without power. It is nice for a time. :D

annies home said...

it seems so odd to have some thing like that to be thankful for but I know exactly what you mean it is so great