Sunday, March 28, 2010


I think I spoke too soon. Someone asked me recently how we had fared the cold & flu season. I replied, "Unscathed."

Too cocky perhaps? I am sure I don't know, but kiddo #2 just went down. While it's neither a cold or the flu, it is some 24-48 hour virus that renders it's victims helpless with headaches and a sore throat.

And a whole lot of whining.

Okay, the whining is me, but with a family this size, sickness seems to linger a little too long here. And it's not pretty. (That could be me again.)

My Mister and I made another trip to Bob's Redmill last week and scored some more good stuff. I'll be trying some new recipes using different gluten-free flours and will be doing quite a bit of baking this week. This is our "spring break" week, so I plan on having a little fun in the kitchen and working on a new quilt in the evenings. I'm hoping that the sunshine makes another appearance so that we can get the garden ready.

This week, we'll also be outlining our own animal, vegetable, miracle plan, which is set to officially begin on Thursday. Now if only we could agree on the rules of this experiment!

Here's what's cookin' this week...

Monday
~Blueberry Applesauce Coffee Cake (new!)
~Turkey noodle soup
~Spinach/Ricotta White Spelt Pizza(carried over from last week)

Tuesday
~Simple soaked Oatmeal, blueberries
~Sourdough Scones, (new), Plum fruit smoothies

Wednesday
~Lemon Poppyseed Muffins (new)
~homemade tomato soup, toasted cheese sandwiches
~Polenta, creamed Swiss chard, baked tilapia

Thursday
~Fried eggs, sourdough toast
~Pinto bean burritos on sourdough tortillas
~Barbecued meatballs, sauteed green beans/garlic, Peach Kuchen (new)

Friday
~Banana bread, hot chocolate
~Egg salad sandwiches on sourdough, canned pears
~Salmon patties, (new), cornbread, spinach salad

Saturday
~granola
~leftovers
~Waffles, peaches

Sunday
~granola
~Elk roast, potatoes/gravy, green bean casserole, whole wheat rolls, Key lime pie, Peach cobbler

As you can see, our Easter dinner does not include ham. This makes me sad. But I cannot in good conscience serve a ham knowing where it came from.

Because, it did not come from our farm.

And that is a problem I plan on rectifying before Easter 2011!
For more menu ideas, visit Laura at Organizing Junkie on Monday morning!

1 comment:

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Hope any sickies get better soon! Enjoy your spring break week and make sure you share pictures of that quilt! :)