Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Venison Fajitas


This is not the post I was going to write about, nor is this the recipe that I was going to share, but for some reason, my fingers and thumbs collaborated together to overthrow my brain.

It was a conspiracy and I am a victim.

I guess my brain went willingly, thinking it would be criminal to not share this recipe before the Pork Stir-Fry recipe. Both were delicious. Both were low carb. And both were gobbled up so quickly that old records were shattered. Well, if we kept records, I'm sure they would've shattered.

The whole recipe took less than a half hour from start to finish, dirtied enough dishes to make it look like I slaved for hours, and kept my kids from arguing for the whole 20 seconds it took for them to gobble it down.

I'm officially keeping records now.☺

~Venison Fajitas~

~The Players~
2 lbs. deer steak or beef rib eye steak, sliced very thin
2 Tb. olive oil
1 organic, red pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 organic, orange pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 sweet onion, julienned
2 tomatoes, halved, then sliced very thin
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. paprika
2 Tb. fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
salt & pepper, to taste
Fresh cilantro, washed and chopped (4-5 Tb.)
6" corn tortillas, warmed
Optional: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, grated cheese, wedge of lime

In a large skillet, heat olive oil; add meat. Cook until meat has just a little pink color in it. Remove from heat. (It will finish cooking in the pan.) Add lime juice, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper. Stir and set aside.

Place prepared red and orange peppers, and onion in broiler pan. Lightly drizzle olive oil over the top.


Place pan under broiler and broil until vegetables start to brown; about 5 minutes.

Remove from oven. Add meat mixture into the pepper/onion mix and toss with tongs. Add tomatoes and toss again.


Sprinkle fresh, chopped cilantro on the fajita mix. Serve with warmed corn tortillas, and any optional ingredients.

And DON'T BLINK or you may miss out!

Enjoy!


No comments: