Monday, December 5, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY

Outside my window...The ground is white with frost; the sun is trying to peak through the tops of the fog covered fir trees.

I am thinking...that I may start another apron today. Maybe one to match my granddaughter Maddie's new apron. Minus the cupcake motif. Because it makes me think about cupcakes. A lot.

I am thankful...for our woodstove and the fact that we don't have to pay a $500/month electric bill to stay warm.

From the learning rooms...lots of reading. Under quilts. Next to the fire. Maybe with some popcorn thrown in. I love homeschooling.

In the kitchen...I'll be making some more Almond Joy Granola. And then hiding the container. So I can actually taste it this time.

I am wearing...a fluffy pink bathrobe and my p.j.'s. And trying to remember where I last kicked off my slippers.

I am creating...a chore binder to keep track of who is on what job. Because even I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing half the time.

I am going...to the grocery store today. With a list. And a budget.

I am wondering...how I'm going to walk by the Starbuck's kiosk without spending $5 for a hot peppermint mocha.

I am reading..."A Love That Multiplies", by the Duggar family. I'm in awe of them.

I am hoping...that our milk cow, Tilly, is pregnant. I don't know how many times she's actually going to allow us to tie her to a post while the man with the glove sneaks up behind her.

 I am looking forward...to having fresh milk...eventually.

I am hearing...the squeals of my granddaughters as they listen to "The Wheels on the Bus"...for the 20th time.

Around the house...the kids are starting to roll out of their cozy, warm beds. And they don't seem very enthusiastic about it. Of course, with my cold feet from lack of slippers, I can relate.

I am pondering...hiding all of the batteries to all the electronic devices in the house. Especially for the toy bus which is still playing, "The Wheels on the Bus"...now for the 25th time. 

One of my favorite things...sipping coffee in the early morning hours, listening to only the ticking of the clock with the roosters singing back-up from the coop.

A few plans for the rest of the week...sewing, schooling, a little Christmas shopping and decorating, and narrowing down the holiday baking list. Because currently we're at 35 tasty treats. I'm thinking more along the lines of 5. Thanks to Martha Stewart and Gooseberry Patch, this could take all week.

Here's a couple pictures for thought I'm sharing...



Maybe I should just ditch the holiday baking list and start another tray of sprouts?


This post is linked to The Simple Woman's Daybook.



2 comments:

Candy C. said...

I hope you found your slippers...brrr!!
How cute to see the babies enjoying sprouts! YAY!!

♥ my diary♥ said...

nice post! thanks for sharing...happy holidays...blessings soraya