Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wake Up...It's Summertime!!!

Well, it was bound to happen eventually.

After months of very little Vitamin D exposure, the sunshine has returned.

Now, I know that I've said it before, but this time it has lasted for longer than a day.

And lest you think I jest, have a looksy for yourself.

Not only sunshine, but blue sky too!

That is a very good sign that summer has arrived.

Could somebody please let the bees know?

I'm not sure if the weather is responsible for the bees lack of motivation, or if my bees are just lazy.

I fear my bees may be broken.

Wakey, wakey!

Apparently, the bees haven't just been sleeping. The hive is full of young bees who are not mature enough to go out and search for pollen.

We left them a nice nutrient dense treat to help them build their strength.


We didn't even need the smoker today. But once my Mister bumped the edge of the hive, the bees decided that sleepy time was over.

And finally, that's good news for the tomato plants.




No comments: