Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Goat Condo

One of our many, many, many projects of the summer is finished.

Gertie the Goat now has her own pad.

A condo to be exact.

I wanted to call it "The Love Shack", but alas, there is no Billy in which to share the shack with, so for now, it is just a condo.

Gertie is blossoming right before our eyes...



...in fact, she went from an A cup to a C cup almost overnight!

Disturbing, yes. Informative? Maybe.

I'm still learning.

My best guess is that we will have some wee ones by the end of August.


Here is Gertie's new digs. It is 3 ft. x 4 ft, is fully insulated with upgraded cedar trim, and has edible bedding.

What more could a pregnant goat ask for?

And just in case we forget her name, my son-in-law Jake wood-burned a name plaque for her.

That was very thoughtful of him.


Not to be outdone, my Mister used 30 year architectural roofing.

On a removable roof.

If Gertie lives for another 30 years, we will be glad for that roofing!




Gertie likes to spend time on top of the 30 year roof, playing "Queen of the Mountain".


"Hey Gert~Do you think this is a good idea in your condition?"


"Back off sister, I'm hormonal."


Maisie woke up long enough to discover that we have a goat.


She's been here for a month.


"I SAID, BACK OFF, I'M HORMONAL!!"


Can't say we weren't warned.



2 comments:

inadvertent farmer said...

ROFL...I didn't know that about goats and their, er, bra sizes!

I need to make a rabbit hutch, thanks for the reminder! Can't wait to see pics of the new little one(s). Kim

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for a few days now to see some more pictures of the kitchen...(hint, hint). :) ~ Kelsie