Monday, July 5, 2010

MPM 7/5/10


Heeeelllllooooo Monday!

I'm saying this with as much enthusiasm as I can muster. After a very long week, I'm feeling like I was hit by a Mack truck.

Or at the very least, a Mitsubishi.

Last week, my son-in-law returned from Iraq after being overseas for a year. (Minus the 10 day leave that we were teased with.) Jake's family came over from Idaho and we all sat around "chompin' at the bit" together.

After a 2 hour drive, (on the freeway that I have never driven), and a 4 hour wait on the hardest bleachers ever constructed, the 17th Fire Brigade marched into the gym.


Nothing says Happy Independence Day quite like a room full of soldiers.

I am in awe of their sacrifice.

And more grateful than ever before.

Welcome home soldiers.

Time to get back on track. My lack of planning skills, which is never a good idea when you have house guests, made for a very interesting week in the meal department. Without a plan, we ate horribly. And spent too much at the grocery store winging it.

Safeway loves me.

This week, I've tried to plan around the hot weather that is finally on its way. With highs in the 90's, I will not be slaving over the hot stove.

I'm saving it for the grill. (Because it's cooler? Hmm...)

Here's what's cookin'/grillin' this week...


~Monday~

Cold cereal,

Polenta, Creamed Spinach, Baked Chicken

~Tuesday~

Yogurt/Granola/Blueberry Parfaits

Tater Tot Casserole, Garden Salad

~Wednesday~

Peanut Butter Toast, canned Peaches

Macaroni Salad, Grilled Sausages (organic/nitrite free), Rustic Peasant Bread

~Thursday~

Homemade Granola

Grilled Citrus Chicken, Potato Salad, Garden Salad

~Friday~

Homemade Granola

Taco Salad, Raw Milk Ice Cream

~Saturday~

Homemade Granola

Chicken Salad Sandwiches on Rustic Peasant Bread, Broccoli Salad (?)

For lunches this week, we'll be relying on PB&J, Smoothies, and leftovers.


Have a blessed week!

This post is linked with The Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.











1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your menu looks good this week, too. Gotta love that Tater Tot casserole! I will have to see if you posted your homemade granola recipe when I have more time. I think I will do the "yogurt parfait" idea for lunch one hot day. My kids love those, but I tend to get in a rut and forget fun things like that. Our Farm Fresh often has tubs of yogurt in the sale section that expire in a few days marked down REALLY low...I guess most families can't finish them in time, but it takes my crew just one meal to do the job! Yours, too, I guess! Blessings to you...