Sunday, December 5, 2010

Menu Monday~12/6/10

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Mine was filled with narcotic-induced dreams and many trips to the bathroom.

And if you're new here, that will need an explanation...I had back surgery on Friday. It was a total and complete success. Since then, I've been sitting in my chair, drinking gallons of water, trying to purge the meds from my system.

Just before I take some more.

 Thank you for the prayers and well wishes.

And thank you Doctor for the oxycodone.

Seriously.

One of the highlights of my weekend was this...


...prepared by...


...Grizzly Adams!

Actually, this is my Mister. He looks scruffy because he's in a beard-growing contest at work. The winner of this contest gets to donate the "honey pot" to a charity.

I may need some charity, in the form of chapstick and lotion, if he keeps trying to smooch me with all that scruff! 

Back to the omelette...since I am unable to cook, my family has stepped up to the plate. Literally. My Mister actually looked up this recipe for Hawaiian Omelettes online, chose a 5-star recipe, then....

PREPARED IT!!!!

I love my Grizzly Mister.


Here's what's cookin' this week...

~Monday~
Soaked Oatmeal w/ blueberries
Egg salad sandwiches, applesauce
Fried elk steak, mashed potatoes/gravy, steamed broccoli

~Tuesday~
Egg salad sandwiches, raw carrots/hummus
Chicken Tortilla Soup, homemade tortilla strips (fried in beef tallow), Cornbread

~Wednesday~
leftover soup
Tortellini w/Pesto sauce and Kielbasa, spinach salad

~Thursday~
Cornmeal pancakes w/ Prune Syrup (still new!)
Toasted cheese sandwiches, applesauce
Meatloaf, Sourdough biscuits, green salad

~Friday~
Apple Cinnamon Biscuits (still new)
Organic sausages and lacto-fermented sauerkraut
Baked Spaghetti w/ Brown rice pasta (still new), green beans

~Saturday~
Meatloaf sandwiches, tangerines
Chili, cornbread

~Sunday~
Granola
Chili Nachos, Fruit smoothies

For more meal planning ideas, visit http://orgjunkie.com/2010/12/menu-plan-monday-dec-6th.html.

1 comment:

Dem said...

Looks yummy! I would love to try the fried elk steak!