Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Two Week Meal Plan 1/23/11



A couple of weeks ago, I made the decision to grocery shop every other week instead of weekly. As a result, I ended up saving quite a large amount of mullah. ($118.00 to be exact!)

But, live-in-the-moment girl that I am, I did not save any of the cash for a rainy day. Really, who does that? Who really wants to go outside to spend some money on a rainy day? Maybe if I were stranded on a desert for months on end, the rain might seem like a welcome guest. But I, like every other Pacific Northwester, tends to bury my head under my pillow when I hear the rap-a-tap-tap of raindrops on my window. (It's a coping mechanism. Or denial.) I look for any excuse possible to NOT leave the warmth of my cozy home when the sky is leaking.

 Sometimes however, we do not wake to liquid sunshine streaming in our windows. Sometimes my friends, it is the real deal. A bright light in the sky, with the ability to blind those who are unaccustomed, shining, and demanding an audience. That bright yellow orb to some of you may be known as the sun. To us pasty-skinned, vitamin D deprived lovers of green grass and trees, the sun is an open invitation to venture outside.

With time limits, of course. 

So, my savings at the grocery store did not go into a rainy day fund.

It went to the beach.

  
Since the savings plan worked so well before, we're going to try this 2-week plan again.

Just in case the sun decides to reappear before July 5th.

Here's what's cookin' this week...

~Sunday~
Granola or Fried Eggs & Toast

~Monday~
Simple Soaked Oatmeal w/blueberries
Lentil Burritos, Guacamole, Green salad

~Tuesday~
Peach Kuchen (carried over from last week)
Fried Elk Steak, Roasted Potatoes, English Creamed Peas (new), Cranberry Relish

~Wednesday~
Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Toast

~Thursday~
Herbed Mushroom Omelettes (new)

~Friday~
Apple Pie Oatmeal (new)

~Saturday~
Homemade Egg Noodles w/ Herbed Butter (new), Baked Salmon, Sauteed greens

~Sunday~
Granola & Yogurt
Potato/Corn Chowder, Caesar Salad

~Monday~
Simple Soaked Oatmeal w/blueberries

~Tuesday~
No-Crust Spinach Omelettes (new)

~Wednesday~ (Grocery Day!)

~Thursday~
Fried Eggs, Toast

~Friday~
Steel-Cut Nutty Oats w/canned fruit
Crockpot Salsa Chicken, Soaked Brown Rice

~Saturday~

~Sunday~
Granola & Yogurt
Simple Sunday Supper (leftovers or whatever we pick up on the way home from church!)

No comments: