Thursday, August 5, 2010

Honey-Hoisin Pork Tenderloin

Having my kitchen packed up in boxes has proven to be somewhat of a challenge for preparing meals.

Every time somebody tells me they're hungry, I start to hyperventilate.

And darn it all, I don't have any paper bags.

I went "green" and bought reusable bags.

Betcha nobody thought of that when discussing reusable bags.

Breathing into a vinyl bag does not yield the same result as paper.

That's just a whole new set of problems.

Since I've run out of hiding places for our food, I'm trying to use as much as possible from the freezers. I found a pork tenderloin that I had bought before we watched "Food, Inc.", and decided it was time to use it.

I'll feel guilty later.

After the kitchen is done.
~~~~~

~The Players~

3 green onions, sliced
4 Tb. hoisin sauce (Find it in the Asian section of the grocery store.)
4 Tb. Tamari sauce
4 Tb. honey
2 Tb. hot water
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 lbs. pork tenderloin, trimmed
1/2 t. sea salt (I omitted this part and didn't miss it.)
1 Tb. safflower oil
1 t. toasted sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Pour 1/2 cup honey mixture into a large zip-lock bag; reserve the remaining mixture. Add pork to the bag; seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes; turning the bag a couple of times.

Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle pork with salt. Heat cast iron skillet with safflower oil over medium heat. Add pork and cook for 2 minutes, browning on all sides. Brush pork with reserved honey mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place pan in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160 F.


Place pork on platter; let stand for 5 minutes. Cut pork diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Put back into pan and turn meat over to coat in sauce before serving.


~Delicious~

Enjoy!

No comments: