Sunday, August 29, 2010

MPM 8/30/10


Can you believe that it's already the end of August? It feels as if summer just flew by! With the public schools starting back up this week, I realize just how NOT ready I am for Fall!

And Fall is my favorite time of the year!!!

One of the things that I am behind in is canning. Because our garden did so poorly this year, I have to buy, or mooch from friends and family, fruits & veggies to can. I am picking up 4 boxes of tomatoes, 2 boxes of peaches, 1 box of pears, and a box of pickling cukes tomorrow. By the end of the week, if I haven't collapsed from exhaustion, I'm going to hunt down some shell beans to put up.

Nothing like saving things until the last minute!

Since kitchen #1 is still under construction and kitchen #2 will be busy canning, I'm bringing out the trusty crockpot. I love my crockpot.

Here's what's on the menu this week...

~Monday~
Soaked Oatmeal
Spicy shredded beef (from a chuck roast), corn tortillas, sliced heirloom tomatoes

~Tuesday~
Elk sausage, Ezekiel bread toast
Cod fish & sweet potato chips, homemade tartar sauce, coleslaw

~Wednesday~
Baked Oatmeal w/ apples
Cincinnati Chili

~Thursday~
Soaked Oatmeal
Potato salad, chicken/apple sausages, peaches & cottage cheese

~Friday~
Granola & yogurt
Cheese Tortellini Pesto Pasta Salad

~Saturday~
Granola
Taco Salad

This is linked to Menu Plan Mondays at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

That sounds like a delicious week!