Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Week in the Life

Last week was so busy, my thoughts haven't yet caught up to me.

I thought I'd do a post on the importance of voting. (It is and you should.) Then I thought I'd do a post on the changing of the season. (It did, but I missed it.) Of course, I could always share my delicious recipe for apple butter. (It's awesome, but the apples are still in the box.)

Instead, I'm going to tell you about cows.

Because tonight, that's all I've got.

Cows. They're big. They're stubborn. And every 21 days, they get cranky. Especially if there isn't a man cow to keep them in line. And by man cow, I mean, not him.


Angus, who is 2, had a difficult time weaning himself from his mama, so in order to help him graduate to the freezer, we had to take matters into our own hands.

He showed his appreciation by busting up one of our wooden gates and bawling for 3 nights in a row.

Right outside our bedroom window.

The butcher truck comes on Saturday.

Bailey, Angus's mama, needed some "me" time. So we sent her to the cow spa known as "The Hay Field" where she is currently getting some much-needed girl time.

It's difficult to be the new cow on the block, but the others seem to like her.
Oh wait. Why are they chasing her? This is not the restful vacation she had planned!


"Hey girl, we just wanna talk!"


While girls can be catty, it's really the boys that need to be watched.

"Hey baby, how you doin'?"

Bubba the Bull is a real friendly guy. Apparently, he really likes Bailey.
Nope. Definitely not the vacation she had planned.

But maybe, just maybe, she'll come home in a couple of months a little less cranky.

That'll teach her.

This post is linked to The Homestead Barn Hop.




2 comments:

Candy C. said...

Bubba cracks me up! LOL!!
I guess it's that time of the year for cranky females on the farm, my goat, Madeline, was yelling at me all day yesterday..."Mom, I need a MAN!" ;-)

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the laugh! We just got Buttercup last month. Some of the local boys have already been checking her out. I would so NOT want to be a cow. Being pregnant four times in five years was plenty.