Sunday, October 2, 2011

Meal Plan for 10/3/11


Hello October!

I don't know if I've already shared this, but October is my favorite month. Between the cozy fires in the woodstove, the quilts that are on the backs of every chair, the steaming cups of hot chocolate (laced with cinnamon, yum!), and the never-ending pots of soups on the stove, I am down-right giddy for this month.

Falling just after the harvest, but before the official start of the holiday season, it is the perfect month to sit back, relax, and crack open one of those books that I've been too busy to read. Currently, I'm reading a couple of new books by Christian author, Mary Connealy. Nice and fluffy, just like the quilts. 

And the rain? I welcome it with an open umbrella and my new pink rubber wellies.


I may or may not have jumped the gun and wore them around the house...

in August.

At least the books are new!

We are still in the middle of a bathroom remodel, which turned into a 3 bedroom/bathroom remodel, so I'll be relying on the crock pot a lot this week. I'm also not planning any trips to the grocery store, so all of our meals are based on what we already have on hand. And because the freezer is filled with freshly processed chickens, we will NOT be having chicken this week.

The memory is still too fresh.

Here's what's cookin' this week...

~Monday~
French toast

~Tuesday~
cereal, toast (early morning appointment)
Sloppy Joes, raw carrots w/ Ranch

~Wednesday~
Sourdough English Muffins w/ peanut butter, yogurt w/ fruit of choice

~Thursday~
Barbecued Pulled Pork on Whole Wheat Buns, coleslaw (new)

~Friday~
Scrambled eggs, elk sausage, toast w/ raw honey
Navy Bean/Ham Soup, salad with Orange Vinaigrette

~Saturday~
Pumpkin Spiced Muffins (new), Yogurt Smoothies

~Sunday~
Simple Soaked Oatmeal w/ blueberries
Simple Supper Sunday (decide on the way home from church!)

This post is linked to Menu Mondays.








3 comments:

Candy C. said...

I SOOO admire you ladies that can plan menus for a week!
I didn't know PW had a Chile Relleno casserole! I have been making one for several years now, only difference is I don't use a water bath and there is a little flour in the egg/milk mixture.

Kim said...

I have another recipe for this, but I love PW's version better!

Anonymous said...

love the wellies! and am jealous!

we had navy bean and ham soup on our plan too
coming from menu monday :)