Monday, October 10, 2011

Meal Plan for 10/9/11


Well, it is that time of year again. The time of year that men go crazy with an illness called, "Buck Fever". If you've never experienced this disease, it can be deadly.

Especially if the men don't come home with an antlered deer.

Last year, my Mister decided that he couldn't live without his beloved and took me along. (I don't know who this "beloved" character is, but I think her plans for a romantic get-away were thwarted by freezing temperatures and layers upon layers of long-john's.)  I ended up being the camp cook. And camp photographer. And morning fire-builder.

That last one is only because my behind froze to the camper bed and I needed to thaw quickly before any permanent damage was done.

But I'm not complaining. My Mister took me to my own personal Shangri-la. A place where I can enjoy the beauty that is creation without the hustle and bustle of real life.




If you don't hear from me again, it's because I ain't comin' back.

Unless of course, I'm caught. And forcibly brought back to reality.

Since hunting season officially begins on Saturday, we'll be heading out mid-week. If you're a criminal hoping to score big at an empty farm, think again. The house is full of angry people and we're not taking all of the guns.

You've been warned.

Here's what's cookin' for the first part of the week...

~Sunday~
Cereal
Chicken Tortilla Soup w/ homemade tortilla chips, Wacky Cake (new!) and lots of ice cream

This is what happens when your daughter turns 17 and has a bunch of giggling teenage girls over. And since it's a birthday celebration, it's all calorie-free. Honest.

~Monday~
Venison Stir-fry (with broccoli, ginger, snow peas, mushrooms, water chestnuts, and a stir-fry sauce that I have to make-up as I go!)

~Tuesday~
Potato Corn Chowder, green salad

~Wednesday~
Chicken Marsala (Seeds of Change sauce), brown rice, steamed broccoli

After this, we're winging it, so to speak. Our boys are hoping to use their newly acquired hunting skills to provide fresh grouse for dinners, along with potatoes and onions we'll be bringing from our garden.

But just in case, I'll have a back-up plan of chili, stew, chowder, and hamburgers...but only if we need it boys! ☺

This post is linked with Menu Mondays.

5 comments:

Hopewell said...

Sounds good. I used to hate hunting till I lived rural. Now I appreciate not killing my car each year from all the deer!

Candy C. said...

Good luck to all the boys with the hunt! Sounds like ya'll will have a great time!

Misty said...

I like your blogs new look!!

Kim said...

Thank you! :)

Kim @ Eat What You've Got said...

Good luck on the hunt! We are excited to re-fill our freezer with venison, too!