Sunday, April 22, 2012

Menu Plan for 4/22/12

I'm having a moment.

Actually, I've been having quite a few of those moments lately. While I sit here typing our meal plan for the week, I smell burnt hamburgers on the grill (that's okay, I'm allergic anyway and kids will eat dirt if it's covered in ketchup...and they weren't burnt after all~the grill just needs cleaned), the house is smoky from my over-broiled gluten-free bun (that mysteriously caught on fire), and there is a pot of cooked chickens on the stove that are surrounded by a moat of water from the over zealous boiling that magically occurred (because someone turned on the wrong burner and went outside to hang up laundry).

If Calgon doesn't take me away soon, I'm afraid someone might get the bright idea to cart me off to the loony bin.

At least the sun is shining, the kombucha and dandelion wine's are brewing, and the cows are grazing on the first grasses of the spring.

Life is good.

That may be the meds kickin' in.☺

Here's what's cookin' this week...and as always, it's gluten-free.

~Sunday~
Cinnamon granola
Burnt grilled hamburgers, chips, salsa

Prep: Soak black beans for Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Make extra dairy kefir.

~Monday~
Cinnamon Streusel Muffins, kefir fruit smoothies

Prep: Thaw 6 pounds ground beef in fridge.

~Tuesday~
Sweet & Sour Meatballs (new-freezer cooking), jasmine rice, broccoli

Prep: Soak pinto beans, thaw whole chicken.

~Wednesday~
Black & pinto bean chili, Buttermilk Cornbread

~Thursday~
Black bean, rice & cheese enchiladas on corn tortillas, lacto-fermented salsa

Prep: Cook chicken for Saturday.

~Friday~
Poached eggs on wilted spinach leaves, toast
Thai Cashew Chicken, jasmine rice, broccoli

~Saturday~
Banana Walnut Muffins, hot chocolate
Chicken Tortilla Soup, Buttermilk Cornbread

This post is linked to Menu Mondays at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

2 comments:

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Moments will pass as the meds hit the blood stream...and I love your organizational skills with meal planning. One week I MIGHT actually do the same.

Candy C. said...

Life IS good in spite of the uh-oh moments thrown our way occasionally! :)