Sunday, April 29, 2012

Menu Plan~4/29/12


Today is my Mister's 46th birthday. All month he has been reminding me that it's "my birthday month" so he can get his own way.

Problem with that philosophy is that if the birthday boy forgets to ask for his special day off from work, it makes the rest of the month null & void.

Okay, not really. But we are going to be celebrating this week. There will be cake. And there will be ice cream.

And because May 1st marks the beginning of my birthday month, I'm planning on cake and ice cream more than once. Gluten-free of course.☺

Here's what's cookin' this week...

~Sunday~
cereal

~Monday~
Pennsylvania Dutch Baked Oatmeal (with pears and vanilla)
Tom Kha Gai Soup (new), steamed broccoli

~Tuesday~
Sweet Potato Casserole (new), Stir-fried garlic green beans, grilled trout

~Wednesday~

~Thursday~
Breakfast Hash with deer sausage
Meatloaf, garden salad with Bleu Cheese Dressing, Gf Biscuits

~Friday~
Poached eggs over steamed spinach, Gf Biscuits
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes, grilled chicken sausage, creamed green peas

~Saturday~
Chicken, black bean, & rice enchiladas with corn tortillas

This post is linked to Menu Mondays at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

5 comments:

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Happy Birthday to your hubbie who has the gall, like my hubbie, to look far younger than his age. How do they do that?!?

Tina - Our Rustic Roots said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Kim said...

Thank you~I'll pass it along to my hubby!

Donna~I think my hubby's youthful appearance can be attributed to the fact that he's married to a MUCH younger gal...and by MUCH, I mean by 1 year, 1 month, and 1 day younger! :)

Candy C. said...

Happy belated birthday to your hubby and happy early birthday to you! :)

Kim said...

Thank you Candy! I've got a full 30 days until mine, but I plan on milkin' it for all it's worth! :)