Friday, October 9, 2009

Healthy All-Purpose Cleaner

One of my favorite "recipes" isn't about food at all. It's about a non-toxic cleaner that I use for my counters, tables and appliances. The surfaces that we eat from or store food in should be "clean enough to eat from", but most cleaners contain chemicals that have been linked to all sorts of health issues! If I'm not going to put bleach in my soup, why would I serve my soup on a table that has bleach residue? And don't even get me started on the warning labels of these chemical-laden products! A gas mask is not an option in my house!

All-Purpose Cleaner

3 T. distilled white vinegar
1/2 tsp. washing soda (washing soda, not baking soda! I use Arm & Hammer)
1/2 tsp. vegetable oil based liquid soap (Castile works great!)
2 cups hot water

Mix all ingredients into a spray bottle. Apply and wipe clean.

Now your counters will be clean (and safe!) enough to eat from!

1 comment:

Kym-Anne said...

Hi Kim,
I couldn't agree more.
Just the thought of all those chemicals makes me feel ill!!

Have a great weekend :)
Kym-Anne