Sunday, January 10, 2010

Meal Plan for 1/11/10-1/17/10




One of my real New Year's resolutions was to eat more "nourishing" foods. I think we do a pretty good job, but the reality is that my back end tells a different story.

It's not a story that I like.

I'm not very motivated to exercise in the colder weather. We have a gym set up in the garage, but I would much rather be outdoors. In the sunshine. Or, at the very least, under the overcast skies. Not under the dim glow of the energy efficient lightbulbs, walking on the treadmill, to the hum of the 3 freezers. I'm not even going to mention breathing in the fumes of the newly parked car.

My rubber barn boots are for, well, the barn. They do not make good walking shoes. Especially when I'm "fun-sized". The top of the boots hit me at the mid-knee level, making it very difficult to bend my legs.

So now you know. I waddle.

But my cholesterol is good.


Other news on the homefront...My eldest son is turning 18. Now we are a family of 7 adults and 4 children. (Not including the sons-in-laws and grandbabies!) I'm not going to get my hopes up that they'll stay children either. I think I'm going to invent a time-freezer. Some mom's will thank me. Others will hunt me down and make me pay. Funny how birthdays bring on the "baby blues". (And then my youngest son runs through the room with the dogs, and just like that, the blues are gone!)

This week, I'll get back to soaking our grains. We'll add more soured dairy products and use less sweeteners. Even the natural ones. I'm not giving up my coffee though. Some things are just too dangerous to try.

Monday
~Buttermilk biscuits, poached eggs, orange juice
~Chili Nachos, fruit smoothies (leftover chili)
~Linguini with homemade pesto sauce, green salad

Tuesday
~Chicken Cacciatore with Lemon Herb Pasta, sourdough (Crock pot Wednesday's recipe)
***Birthday cake***Tres Leches Cake

Wednesday
~Sourdough Pancakes, marionberry syrup (homemade)
~Vegetable Lentil soup (Bob's Red Mill), apple slices
~Barbequed meatballs, Baked beans, cornbread

Thursday
~Mango Orange Smoothie, homemade sourdough English muffins (if they turn out, I'll post)
~leftover Vegetable Lentil soup, leftover cornbread
~Elk roast, mashed taters & gravy, green beans

Friday
~Pumpkin waffles, orange juice
~Tuna salad w/sprouts in pita bread, apple slices
~Macaroni & cheese, Curry Broccoli salad

Saturday
~Granola & yogurt
~leftovers or PB&J, fruit

Sunday
~Granola
~Sandwiches?
~Chicken Tortilla soup, homemade tortilla chips, lacto-fermented salsa


For more menu ideas, visit the Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

Colie's Kitchen said...

Great menu plan monday!! Thank you so much for sharing! I love new ideas!!