Sunday, January 24, 2010

Menu Plan for 1/25-1/31



After a couple of days of rest, relaxation and a little shopping, I'm ready for a new week to begin.

On Friday, we finished our school lessons early. I then spent the remainder of the day trying to tie a quilt that I've been working on for some time. The key word there is trying. I couldn't get the quilt stand to cooperate with me. After turning my fingers into Swiss cheese, I decided to ditch the tying and go straight to hand quilting. In a ring.

The quilt and I are much happier.

In order to give my poor fingers a chance to heal, I decided to spend Saturday shopping with Valerie and Melissa (2 of my girls), and my sister, Erin.

It was all for the fingers. Honest.

We found plenty of good deals on the clearance racks, overate at Red Robin, practiced self-control at IKEA and collapsed in a heap of exhaustion at the end of the day.

I discovered a few things however,...#1. My girls are wimps. #2. There will never be enough money to purchase everything we think we need. #3. Red Robin is run by evil tempters. #4. I have absolutely NO self-control in IKEA.

Note to self...do it again soon!

Our meal plan for the week doesn't require any fancy ingredients. In fact, the menu is pretty simple. Thanks to our hard-working chickens, we have an abundance of fresh eggs, so I'll be getting creative with those. We currently have 12 dozen in our spare fridge, and there is no sign of the girls slowing down! Other than a couple of gallons of raw milk on Thursday, I'll be leaving the grocery store alone.

Yippee!

Here's what's cookin' this week...


Lunches: egg salad sandwiches, leftovers, quesadillas, smoothies

Dinners:
Monday~Salsa chicken, brown rice, birthday cake and ice cream (Happy Birthday Melissa!)
Tuesday~Slow cooker Cheeseburger Soup, whole wheat rolls

Wednesday~Polenta with creamed spinach, meatloaf, green beans


Friday~Chicken Linguini with Alfredo sauce, steamed broccoli

Saturday~Elk roast, mashed taters & gravy, sauteed green beans w/ garlic

Sunday~Beef stew, sourdough bread

I had planned to carry the Pork roast over from last week, but since I'm not shopping, I'll postpone it until the following week.

For more menu plan ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at The Organizing Junkie.







1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

I just made English muffins this weekend for the first time! Enjoy your week.