Sunday, December 12, 2010

Menu Plan Monday~12/12/2010

After sitting still for an entire week, I am ready to get back into the kitchen.

My Mister would NEVER say, "...where you belong...", but I feel like I've abandoned an old friend. 

The kitchen is where I belong. Even if I'm the one putting myself there. Sometimes you just know. 

It feels right.

A lot of things have been happening while I've been in my chair. Here's a big happening.

My son found these... 


Turkey eggs!

But, before I could say, "Google recipes using turkey eggs", this happened...


Thomasina decided to sit on them! If all goes according to plan, we should have baby turkeys in a month!

Problem solved.
~~~~~ 

While most of the country is experiencing the joys of winter, we are currently in the middle of a crazy, wet storm that is dumping water that cannot be measured in inches anymore.

I now know how Noah felt. An ark is currently in the planning stages. I will be posting a help-wanted ad later this week for laborers if this weather keeps up.
~~~~~ 

I had a post-surgery appointment last week. Good news! I was able to walk into the office on my own.

Just so the doctor could release me to do "..if it's work or fun, it's a no-no."

Ummmm...that's a release?  Thank you Jesus for my kitchen.

Hey, as long as I don't break a sweat or smile, I'm good to go!
~~~~~ 

Here's what's cookin' this week...

~Sunday~
Cold cereal
leftover Meatloaf sandwiches w/ homemade barbecue sauce, green salad

Prep: Make barbecue sauce, make sourdough bread/1st rise

~Monday~
Organic Burritos, (black beans, grass-fed beef, lettuce, tomatoes, onions)

Prep: Bake sourdough 
Soak brown rice for tomorrow

~Tuesday~
Scrambled eggs & elk sausage
Nachos (black beans, raw cheese, veggies from last night)
Soaked brown rice, baked salmon w/ Tikki Marsala Sauce (Seeds of Change), Spinach salad

Prep: Soak oatmeal in buttermilk for tomorrow

~Wednesday~
Baked chicken, Potatoes Romanoff (new), green salad

~Thursday~
toasted cheese sandwiches on sourdough, raw carrots, hummus
Lazy Chiles Relleno Casserole, Elk sausage patties, corn tortillas

Prep: Make homemade granola

~Friday~
organic sausages, lacto-fermented sauerkraut
Barbecued Beef sandwiches (crockpot), baked sweet potato fries

Prep: Soak pinto beans for tomorrow
Boil eggs.

~Saturday~
Homemade granola
Egg salad sandwiches on sourdough
Chili, Sweet Cornbread (carried over from last week)

~Sunday~
Homemade granola
Baked potato bar (chili, onions, cheese, bacon, sour cream, etc..)

For more menu planning ideas, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Mondays!



No comments: