Sunday, November 7, 2010

MPM 11/8/10


After my rather bold and ambitious announcement last week, I am sorry to report that we did not butcher chickens last week, the backsplash is still in boxes on the floor, and I didn't manage to brave the after-church crowd in the grocery store today.

I did however, get in a little of this...

Snuggle time for Nana and Maddie!

Really, what else matters?

Any guesses as to what we'll be doing this week?

I decided to look upon this week as a "glass is half full" kind of week and celebrate the dismal grey weather we've been given. I will embrace the raindrops as they pelt my windows, and look forward to grocery shopping in wet clothing.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'm busy praying for a cold front to strike and dump a few or 20 inches of snow on us!

Is that bad?

So in honor of the cold weather that somebody (above 2500 ft.) is bound to receive, I'm making soup this week. Lots of soup. And thanks to the latest issue of MaryJane's Farm, I've got a couple of new recipes to try! I just love it when that happens!

Here's what's cookin' this week...

~Monday~
Simple Soaked Oatmeal
Leftover Chicken Tortilla Soup
Crockpot Minestrone Soup (new), sourdough bread

~Tuesday~
 Pennsylvania Dutch Baked Oatmeal
Leftover minestrone soup
Corn & Bacon Chowder (MaryJane's Farm magazine), cornbread

~Wednesday~
Speltcakes
Leftover chowder
Chicken Curry Soup (MaryJane's Farm magazine), Rustic Peasant Bread

~Thursday~
Fried eggs & toast
Leftover curry soup
U.S. Senate Bean Soup (new), Rustic Peasant Bread

~Friday~
Peach Kuchen
Leftover bean soup
Venison Stew, Rustic Peasant Bread

~Saturday~
Maple Walnut Scones
Simple Nachos
Black Bean & Sausage Soup, Sweet Cornbread

~Sunday~
Granola
Leftovers!

This post is linked to Menu Mondays at I'm an Organizing Junkie.










 

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I popped over from the Orgjunkie. Soup Week sounds yummy! I love Mary Janes Farm too and got some good recipes out of the latest issue myself. I'm going to be checking out the Pennsylvania Baked Oatmeal and the Rustic Peasant Bread.

Have a great Monday.
Jackie