Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Two Week Meal Plan for 1/9/11


With the price of gas well over the $3/gallon mark, I've decided to consolidate my trips to town. My usual routine of grocery shopping is once per week, but with gas prices where they are and where they seem to be heading, I'm going to try grocery shopping every other week.

Notice the emphasis on the word try?

For week one, we'll be using a lot of fresh (to us) produce. Week 2 will consist more of items we already have in the pantry. I'm not sure how this will work because I've gotten quite used to seeing lettuce wilting in the produce bin of the fridge.

New year, new beginnings, right?

I'm still doing the Eat Fat, Lose Fat challenge. In fact, my scale was very kind to me this morning as it showed that I'm down 2 lbs. Yeah! More importantly, I didn't go through the usual "blahs" of giving up the carbs. In fact, I've had more energy than my still healing body can keep up with! 

That has to be a good thing. 

Here's what's cooking~Week 1

~Sunday~
Peanut Butter Muffins (I'll share this recipe this week!), fried eggs
Chicken Tortilla Soup, homemade tortilla chips

~Monday~
Baked ham, Macaroni & Cheese (w/ brown rice pasta), Spinach Pie (new)

~Tuesday~
Sourdough English Muffins w/ fried eggs and ham
Thai Cashew Chicken, Caesar salad w/ homemade dressing (new)

~Wednesday~
Baked Chicken w/ Peanut Sauce (I'll share the recipe for the sauce this week!), Broccoli Salad

~Thursday~
Soaked Oatmeal w/ peaches
Coconut Chicken Soup, Caesar Salad w/ homemade dressing

~Friday~
Sunshine Casserole

~Saturday~
Kodiak pancakes
Sauteed sea scallops, Coconut-Lime Rice (new), Spinach salad (w/feta, almonds, dried cranberries)

**Week 2** (I'll repost this part next week)

~Sunday~
Granola & Yogurt Parfaits
Salmon Quiche, Blueberry muffins

~Monday~
Navy Bean Soup w/ ham hocks, canned fruit salad

~Tuesday~
Salmon Patties, (Oh my goodness, I still haven't posted this recipe...coming soon...I promise!), Roasted potatoes, green beans

~Wednesday~
Scrambled eggs w/ deer sausage

~Thursday~
Mexican Frittata, leftover Cornbread

~Friday~
Peanut Butter Muffins, Fruit Smoothies
Sweet & Sour Meatballs, Soaked brown rice

~Saturday~

~Sunday~
Granola & Yogurt Parfaits
Jamaican Style Beans & Rice (new)

This post is linked with Menu Mondays at The Organizing Junkie.


No comments: